Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Journal 35 - Reporter in War

I think that if I was a reporter covering a war and being in the fighting zone, in the trenches, I would be freaked out because of the bombs blowing up in my sight and the bullets that are wizzing by my ear. You see, I am not a person who likes to get involved in very many fights, if any, let alone with knifes, guns, the occasional cannons, bombs, fighter jets, and fighter jets dropping bombs onto the guns that will blow up and sound like a cannon. I would probably not last long in a war zone. If I did however go against my beliefs as a person that reporters all suck at life and have nothing to contribute to society other than tell us what just happened, I would try to get the most information possible. I would probably really annoy the soldiers in the process of doing this. I would just be hanging out and asking them questions while they are trying to shoot their enemies heads off. I am also sure that most of the stuff that I would come up with would no way be able to be reported to the people because there is probably some bogus law that prohibits it. So that would kind of make that reporting a little bit stupid to be doing in the first place. My father was in a war zone and he said he was involved in a couple of firefights while he was there for thirteen months. He said he felt very safe the whole time because he just had to sit in the fun-vee, as Robert Downey Jr. likes to call it, and watch the people fight. So he knew he would be safe. But I would have to think differently because there are still all of these bombs going off around you and there are people legitimately trying to kill you. That thought is just not too soothing as you can imagine. All in all, I would get the job done, but I would be terrible and it would all be for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment