Saturday, February 26, 2011

Journal 36 - Favorite Meal

I do not know if I have just one favorite meal. Most food is my friend. And by my friend I mean I like them. I have several meals that I would consider my favorite meal, and all of them are equally delicious. One favorite meal of mine, which we are having tonight, is steak, twice baked potatoes, and green bean casserole. Oh. My. Goodness. This is definitely my favorite summer meal by far. I usually do the grilling for my family and I grill the steaks to what I like to call perfection. Most professional grillers would not consider it perfection, but to me, it is so tasty. I grill the steaks to medium rare. They are nice and they look tasty on the outside, but then they leak a small amount of dark juice. As they are being grilled, I sprinkle first steak seasoning on it. Then I put some spicy broiled steak seasoning on it to give it a different but tasty flavor. Then they are served and yummy. Then the twice baked potatoes and green bean casserole are equally delicious. My mom makes the best twice baked potatoes in the history of man kind. Another one of my favorite meals would be just anything from Hu hot. Hu hot is an asian stir fry place in iowa that I went to last weekend when I was visiting my sister at Iowa State last weekend. But what happens is you go through this buffet type thing and then they cook it in front of you on a giant, extremely hot grill. But you grab a bowl, then you have three different kinds of noodles, all these vegetables and then there are things like lettuce, basically anything you can think of, they have it available. Then you pick sauces to put on it and you have to have at least six spoons of sauce, and I make my stir fry spicy because I love spicy food. It is hard to describe. But just imagine the best food possible and that is what Hu hot is.

No comments:

Post a Comment