Wednesday, July 7, 2010

23 Chapters Out the Door

I am through with reading the first twenty three chapters of The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck. THis book is beginning to be so real in my mind. It feels like I am reading about my lineage from eighty years ago. This book is just speaking to me and drawing me in loser and closer. Word by word it gets more real and deeper int my mind. I felt that chapter twenty three really stood out to me and I have decided to dissect it further. I know it is crazy to spar away from my usual two chapter blog, but I really liked this chapter.

One thing that I really liked about this chapter was the fact that all of the Okies came together to play music and tell stories. Things like this happen all the time throughout history and still do. Back in the ancient days countries would stop their fighting for a time and send their soldiers to compete in the Olympics. It is much like that today only with music. If you look at concerts like Lollapolooza or Woodstock, you will see they are very similar. Many different kinds of people whether it be black, white, hippies, or sober they came and come together for a common purpose. To forget their troubles and fears for a temporary time and enjoy their time with each other and the MUSIC. I know music is different from the Olympics, but people came together for a common cause to forget something. There is also nothing better than sitting around a fire and telling those famous campfire stories that have been passed down for eons and are always just os entertaining.

This chapter show the lighter side of what the Okies had to go throuhg. It showed a time when they actually did enjoy their hard times and could actually have some fun and forgot about something; even if that time was not for very long. It gave them hope. Hope in which every one deserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment