Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Journal 32 - Memoir

Christmas break was a good time for me. Even though I was away from my home and the ones I love, I still had a very good time throughout the whole break. First, I went to Iowa for about a week. I went to Danbury, which is where I grew up, and I stayed at my Grandparent's house. Then I came home to Springfield and stayed here for a day. This is when my piano got tuned (which sounds absolutely amazing) and then I was off to Chicago and Wisconsin. I stayed in Chicago for a night with my brother who lives downtown. Then I headed up to Plymouth, Wisconsin to watch my father's college roommate be a Veterinarian. It was fun because he is one of the few mink experts in the world. But then I followed James, a large animal Veterinarian. I enjoyed this a lot because James was a really cool guy and I got to drive around with him. Then I watched him be a vet, which was pretty exciting. Then I also got to go sledding in Wisconsin hills, and the national forest. I can not tell you the name of it because I do not know the name of it. It might be the Kettle Moraine National Forest because everything around there is about the Kettle Moraine bla bla bla. So that could be it. But I would say that the one thing I learned from my whole winter break was that I do not want to be stuck in between walls like a doctor would be. I learned I want to be confined to nothing and work in the outdoor world, yet still do something with the practice of medicine. So I would be a large animal veterinarian because they work with cows and horses that can not be brought indoors. So that would mean I would work outdoors. This is what I want to do with my life and it is all thanks to my time up north following James.

No comments:

Post a Comment