Friday, January 21, 2011

Journal 33 - Particularity

One thing that is believed to be particular and original to the central area of Illinois is: Fun Fact: The Drive thru window. That is right folks, thanks to this area of the United States, people are even lazier and do not have to even get out of their cars to get their fatty food they ordered. It is found in certain myths and legends that the Maid Rite in Springfield Illinois was the first restaurant to incorporate the drive thru window at the side of or in the rear end of said store/ gross and disgusting place that somehow has the license to sell food. I think this is one of the stupidest things to ever be made. Yes, it is very convenient, but it made lazy Americans even lazier and thanks to this, also thanks to fast food restaurants period, America is the fattest nation ever. Yeah, I said it, EVER. Woo! Go Springfield! Also, I have heard in other myths and legends that the fun and amazing game of cornhole is originated from this area of Illinois. From my very credible sources, Alexander, Kirk, Luke, and Wikipedia, some native American tribe started the game as a way to pass the extremely boring life after all of the Americans shot the buffalo. Disclaimer: that previous statement may not be one hundred percent accurate. But cornhole is a pretty sweet thing. I am also a champ at it, so that is why I enjoy it a little more than I should. And I take that previous statement back. I had the opportunity to be a champ but I made a rookie mistake and then I was no longer a champ. I choked on a large piece of nothing. I think that Pleasant Plains should make cornhole a general physical education game. That would be pretty legitimate. So Springfield has made America way more fat, and the Native Americans have given us the world's second greatest recreational game following only the Chinese sport of badminton.

No comments:

Post a Comment