Friday, October 22, 2010

Journal 17 - Bonding with Nature

I like nature. Nature is one of the most beautiful and saving things that you can have to use to your advantage. Whenever I need to calm down I just go outside and go for a walk in the woods behind my house. It is so peaceful just to walk around and think about everything. I seems that nature just seems to take out all of the bad things that are happening in your life and it replaces them with happy thoughts. It is like nature takes you to your own happy place. Then when there are storms it is even more amazing. I love to watch a steady rain, hurricanes, tornadoes, tsunamis, and then thunderstorms are the best.One time that sticks out to me in particualr that I felt one with nature was probably about two yers ago. I was out for a run in I am going to say mid April. It was about seven in the evening I would have to guess and it was beginning to get dark. There was a thunderstorm rolling in off in the west and I could see the lightning striking and I could hear the thunder rolling in. Before too long it started to rain. At first it was just the steady rain where it is not too hard but just kind of raining. Then it began to pour. It was raining so hard you could not really see very far in front of you. Whenever it is raining this hard it is just straight impressive. I had never felt so great in my life. I felt like I was running so fast and I felt like there was just another spirit or something with me. It was so amazing that I could ahve ran forever. I ran fourteen miles that day when I set out to do just three. It was absolutely fantastic and I think I would be pretty sweet if it ever happened again.

No comments:

Post a Comment