Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Journal 21 - Emerson to Franklin

Ralph Waldo Emerson and Benjamin Franklin both believed in making themselves better people, in a sense. They both thought that if they could make themselves better they would make the world better. Ralph Waldo Emerson believed that an individual should believe in themselves and become their own individual and not be like any other person in the world. He believed that at the time when he was writing that the world was conforming too much and everyone was being to similar to everyone else. So you should be yourself so you are not like anybody else and you keep your individuality. Benjamin Franklin believed there should be this set of doctrines, well he used virtues to be that person. This set of virtues that he would use was a list of thirteen that attempted to make him a better person. It worked for a while but then it got old and he did not do those virtues anymore. I like turtles. I think Emerson's Self Reliance was better because by believing in yourself and becoming your own individual will last forever. I wish I was half of how good of writers Emerson and Franklin were because then I would have no problem with this class. Then it would be awesome and life would be easy because Franklin and Emerson were beasts at everything. I wish I had invented something like electricity. Maybe I will someday. Franklin and Emerson are just really awesome people and I would really like them. If only if only the woodpecker cries, I wish I could write more or else I will cry. I should be a rapper did you just read that rap? That was sick and off the chains. What if I started to speak in rhyme? That would probably the coolest thing since sliced bread. I should also invest in Brandon because he is hilarious and he has some great stories form the place that is Best Buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment