Thursday, August 12, 2010

Fahrenheit 451 - Awkward Firemen

I am reading Fahrenheit 451 written by Ray Bradbury. This book is very weird to me. It brings up many questions in my mind. Such as, "why is this book so weird?" or " why is this book still this weird?" and "why can I not keep my blogs serious?" This third question is starting to puzzle me quite a bit. No matter how hard I try I can not keep my blogs serious the whole way through. I was reading through some of the other students' blogs and I think I need Katie McGraw to do some of them for me. I mean she is already finished with them. I am not even halfway. But in the book, I just got done with the part where the firemen douse the old house with kerosene and the lady strikes a match on herself. She then gets burned along with her house. But the important thing that happens in this part is not that Montag steals a book (controversy), but the awkward ride home the firemen have on the ride home. Just kidding. But think about that ride home from the house. You just watched this crazy old lady light herself and her house on fire. I would be pretty freaked out. I would not be able to sleep for like a week. Then when I finally did fall asleep I would have nightmares for quite awhile. I might even have to go to a therapist. My mind would be pretty screwed up after that. But finally. Montag finally grew a pair and stole a book. Now we do not need the most interesting man in the world anymore because this book just got interesting without him. I mean, I did see it coming, but at least it did happen. Maybe now he will get slaughtered by Freddy Krueger for stealing a book. Maybe the book was called A Nightmare on Elm Street. How crazy would that be? It is completely impossible because Freddy Krueger was not even thought about at this age, but it would be pretty sweet you have to admit.

No comments:

Post a Comment