Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fahrenheit 451 - The Beast in the station.

I am reading Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. So far I have reached the part in the book where we go to the fire station for the first time. For some reason there is this giant machine dog there that apparently does not like Montag and it growls and threatens him. I mean come on! IF you are going to have a dog at a fire station it has to be a Dalmation. Secondly, you can not have this dog in the station that is running about all willy nilly that can potentially harm a fragile life like Montag's. This dog is not supposed to have feelings! It is a robot! It was very mean of the other firemen to make fun of Montag because he is afraid of the mechanical beast that can kill him (it probably causes cancer too). I respect Beattie because he was the only man in the whole fire department that was respectful towards Montag. He told Montag very calmly he would get the hound checked out. What a guy! Not only is he a fireman, but he is a nice guy too!

This whole fireman thing is still throwing me way off. It is kind of weird to think of firemen as being evil. I mean, I remember when I was littler and looking up to the firemen as heroes who saved lives and never did anything wrong. So I wonder what the little kids in the future think of the firemen. Maybe they still think that because it is the law, but the firemen still destroy houses! Evil!

This book is good, but it is kind of sketchy. Some of the stuff in this book is way off, and others are not. This book is pretty entertaining and I enjoy reading it. Fahrenhiet 451 is definitely better than The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck! These blogs are starting to get hard to do though. Procrastination strikes again! Matt. Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment