Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fahrenheit 451 - Mildred's Hangover

I am reading Fahrenheit 451, as you all know, and this wonderful book is written by the man himself, Ray Bradbury. I have decided to once again reunite with Montag and become friends again after his last slip up where he became a little creepy on Clarisse. I know, I know, it did not take long for me to forgive Montag of his wrong ways, but I have, and I will cut the crap and say, Montag and I are all good now. Anyway, I went to his house again today and I met Mildred when she was not all dosed up on sleeping pills. Boy, what a charmer. I am very glad she has no life and all she does is watch a three walled television. I do not even know how you can watch three different walls at once. Maybe the room is like super long or something and she is sitting at one end.... No it is impossible. But as she somehow manages to do that, she can not remember anything about herself trying to kill herself. All she wants to do is explain the plot line to the show that she is impossibly watching.

Montag and I got sick of Mildred (it happens a lot) so we left the home and went for a walk in the rain. As we were on our walk we saw Clarisse running around catching rain drops with her mouth. The she found a dandelion on the grass and she told us that if you rub the dandelion under your chin and the pollen comes off then you are in love. If the pollen does not come off then you are not in love. So Clarisse rubbed then dandelion underneath of Montag's chin and the pollen did not come off! There is something you do not want Mildred to hear!

It is kind of bizarre everything that is happening in this book, and I feel it is a bit unrealistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment