Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Old Man and the Sea - Day Five

What the heck? That is it? That is how the book ends? Josh Cornett was right. It was like reading a plot, then more plot, then bam end. It is like there is half of the book missing. I am confused as to why an author would end a book like this. It leaves me with so many questions. These questions will never even be answered either because Ernest Hemingway is dead! This book might have one of the worst endings of all time. Just seriously, what the heck?!?!?! This book is The Old Man and the Sea and it was written by the man whom I said was dead earlier, Ernest Hemingway. I wish I could have at least found out what the other fishermen thought of him. But no, they just measure the fish and probably drop a deuce in their pants. Eighteen feet is quite a large fish though. I remember when I caught my first eighteen foot long fish. Now I am on to bigger and better things. I only catch Moby Dick's, Killer Whales, Shark Whales, Blue Whales, and Great White Sharks. There has to be danger involved otherwise I can not have any fun fishing. It gets to boring out there just sitting on a boat waiting for my fishing pole to move. That is why I usually get a bunch of dead raccoons, opossums, and skunks off of the side of the road and make them bleed into the water to attract all of the sharks. Remember if you are not scared, you do not care! But they, my respect goes out to the little man that could. He caught a decent sized fish and tore his hands into eight thousand pieces. Congratulations, but thanks to Ernest Hemingway, I do not get to find out what happens to you. So many questions! So little answers! Come back to life, Ernest so I can ask you what happens. Please, I will let you come fishing with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment