Monday, August 16, 2010

Fahrenheit 451 - Mildred is still a beach

I am reading this intense book. It is so intense that is four hundred and fifty one degrees fahrenheit. Coincidently, this book is called Fahrenheit 451. Crazy! This book is also written by an intense author who is known as Ray Bradbury in the world. I have just reached the part when Beattie is talking to Montag and his wife about the firemen and Mildred, being the awesome person she is, just about exposes Montag to stealing a book. INTENSITY!!!!!!! If she would have exposed Montag to Beattie I would have been furious! If I was Montag I would have been booking it right out of the house when she grabbed the book. Poof! Gone. I do not know why Mildred is so stupid. She is almost as stupid as Patrick the star, or Brick Ferguson who has an IQ of thirty eight. I mean who randomly, in the middle of a conversation starts to clean and tidy up their house. A crazy person. I can not read four lines of this book without thinking about how big of a mess up Mildred was. Her parents must have been very upset the day she was born. I know I would have been if I had had a girl like Mildred. Before this book I actually liked the name Mildred too. But not anymore!! As I continue to read this book I wonder if Mildred will get any better at not being a worthless person. I hope so because Montag deserves someone better. Especially since his love, Clarisse, died. I miss her and her crazy ways. If only she would not have been frolicking and gotten hit by that car. I also am wondering if that evil police dog will attack Montag in the future. I hope so because that would be intense like the rest of this book. Ms. McGovern would be very happy with the intensity used here in Fahrenheit 451. Ray Bradbury is a worthy adversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment