Sunday, August 15, 2010

Fahrenheit 451 - Clarisse is Dead? :(

I am reading a very weird, scandalous, and sometimes questionable novel written by Ray Bradbury. It is called Fahrenheit 451, and it is about this guy named Guy. Guy is a cool guy, but has gotten himself into some trouble. You see, in this society books and reading are illegal, and Guy has stolen some fairy tales and has read them. So scandalous! I have just got to the part where Guy is told by his wife, Mildred, that this girl he has been "seeing" for the past couple of weeks is dead. She was hit by a car, or so he is told, and is no longer with the living. It really was a shame for Guy, because I think he was going to leave Mildred for Clarisse. That would have been a great twist. It would have been like in the move Hot Tub Time Machine when Lou does not go back to the present day and instead stays in the eighties. It would have been in that league of surprising twists. I do think Guy deserved that though because Mildred sucks. I mean come on! How can you forget whether or not you already took sleeping pills? She is really stupid and has a separate "Family." This "Family" is a television show on her three wall television (which I still do not get how you can watch three different screens at one time. It is just mind boggling). I bet Guy feels shamed because Mildred likes this impossible to watch television show more than him. At least death is not doing them apart. It is just something that is impossible to watch. The television is something I think about at night and question myself over and over thinking, "what the heck?" It is a shame though that Mildred has to be a druggie and the girl, who I feel Guy actually loved, is dead. Ray Bradbury, how can you make Guy suffer so much?

No comments:

Post a Comment