Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Fahrenheit 451 - Montag is a meanie face 2

So my last blog kind of turned into a rant about how much Fahrenheit 451 sucks. I knew one of my blogs was going to turn into that. The last one just so happened to be that blog so I am glad that is over. As I mentioned before, I am reading Fahrenheit 451 and it is written in a terrible style that is Ray Bradbury's. I am pretty sure I could have read this book in like second grade and understood it. This might be the most simple book I have read for a class since I read a Hardy Boys book for an essay in seventh grade. What a joke. But that is neither here nor there. To the story. Montag read Mrs. butt hole (Bowles) and Mrs. want to be (Phelps) the poem, "Dover Beach." Then Mrs. want to be decides it would be necessary to start crying. I do not get how people can cry when they hear something. Sure, you can cry with a movie cause there is an actual image in front of you. But Mrs. want to be has a valid excuse I think. I mean her husband is in the war. But my dad is in the location of the war with military people and you do not see me crying when ever I hear one of Jacob Bradshaw's pieces of poetry do you? No. They are beautiful, but I do not turn into a sprinkler when I hear them. Then finally Montag is showing some manhood by yelling at Mrs. Bowles. But he heart her feelings in that same process so his man card gets taken away from him. Real men do not hurt women's feelings. Mildred is starting to step up though. She is showing some initiative and starting to try to save her husbands butt. she is burning all of his books, which is good for his safety, but bad for my boy, Faber. Way to go Mildred. High Five!

No comments:

Post a Comment