Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Old Man and the Sea - Day Four La Parte Dos (for those spanish lovers out there)

This is why this blog goes out to those spanish lovers out there. I just got done reading one of the most sad things of which I have ever read. Poor old Santiago has had this fish that he spent three days trying to catch, literally eaten off of the side of the boat. Then he had to carry the skeleton up the huge hill towards his house. It was probably for the best that none of the other fisherman were on the shore when the old man arrived there. He would have looked rather foolish when he strolled up to the beach with nothing but a skeleton. I also have realized I forgot to say which book I am reading and all of that other stuff. I am reading The Old Man and the Sea. It is becoming to be a pretty good book. This book is written by the great and mighty Ernest Hemingway. I also forgot to say why this goes out to all the spanish lovers. This was the worst part of the book because it was so sad to read, so it sucked. In my opinion, the two years that I took of Spanish were easily the two worst years ever. I hated that class. Back to the book though. Santiago did have what he got coming for him. He tied a dead, bleeding fish to the side of the boat where the blood can drip into the ocean. I think it is a shark can smell a drop of blood from five miles away. Maybe it was not that extreme but it is pretty ridiculous how sharp their noses are. So imagine if they smell a bunch of drops in the ocean. Pretty obvious there is something waiting to be eaten there. I would follow that scent if I was a shark. It was a real shame though that all of the work Santiago had been doing for the past day amounted to nothing. I also feel bad for the fish. It was killed for nothing. It did not feed any starving under-priveledged children, just some scavenger sharks.

No comments:

Post a Comment