Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fahrenheit 451 - Montag's wife - Dead? or alive?

I am reading the book Fahrenheit 451. This book was written by a very thoughtful man, who just so happens to be very famous, this man is Ray Bradbury. As Fahrenheit 451 unveils itself into the corners of my mind, I am beginning to crawl inside of Ray Bradbury's mind and take a close look at what he was thinking as he was writing this book. This is what he was thinking, "let us almost copy George Orwell's 1984 and make it an alter society. In this society instead of big brother, there will be firemen who will burn instead of de-flame. I am mad! But the book must go on! Now he will meet a girl like the lady in 1984! Montag will be in love with her! AHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!" Atleast that is what Ray told me what was going through his mind when he wrote this. Well, for how far I am into the book he was thinking this.

So far I have been introduced to Montag, Clarisse, and now, Montag's wife, Mildred. Mildred was a little depressed when I met her, so I am afraid I did not get a hold of her full personality. It is a shame, but Mildred just decided it would be appropriate to take too many sleeping pills and get people from the hospital sent to the house right when I meet her. How rude! Montag planned a great night for the three of us. Then she ruined it! I can already tell this Mildred is going to be a pain in the behind. This "snake" that sucks out the pills of Mildred's tummy is a sketchy character. I mean he is helping her, but it just seems weird to me. Then Montag goes all creeper on me and listens in on Clarisse's family's conversations through their window. Just who does that? I just left after this because of this disappointment. Maybe Montag and I will set up another time to hang out, but I am to disgusted with him at the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment