Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Old Man and the Sea - Day Three

I am reading The Old Man and the Sea. It might be one of the most ridiculous books I have read in quite a long time. the old man, Santiago might also be one of the kindest, stupidest people I have ever read about. Ernest Hemingway is the man who created all of this by the way. Thought you should know that. It could also be considered a copyright infringement if I do not give the author some credit. So there is his credit, and I also give him credit to making a terrible story line and making Santiago a homosexual and weird. Being gay is not a choice, and Santiago is a perfect example of that. One thing I do like about this book is Santiago's personality. He is such a nice guy. No straight man could ever be that nice. He lets the bird sit in his boat to rest. He thought about feeding the fish which he is trying to catch. No way is he straight. I still dislike the narrow story line. We have met like two characters. Then we met a fish. Now there is a bird. Yipee! what a story. Now try to capture the fish. Darn I could not get it so I am moving into my second day of fighting this giant fish that i somehow am still managing to hold on to even though it is bigger than the boat that I am traveling on and am alone. Ernest Hemingway, you sir, are making an unrealistic book at the moment. Either that, or he should have his own show like the guy from River Monsters. Now that man is a beast at catching fish. He once caught a four hundred and fifty pound stingray. I do not even know how you can catch a stingray! Yet, here this man is doing the unbelievably day after day. Catching giant fish. This is something my boy Faber from Fahrenheit 451 would do.

No comments:

Post a Comment