Thursday, August 12, 2010

Fahrenheit 451 - Fairy Tales

Towards the end of the summer, I am still doing blogs on Fahrenheit 451, written by Ray Bradbury. I finished this book like a whole month ago. I wish I would have never procrastinated like I always do! I always say I will do this and I will do that, but it never happens in the summer. Curse my teenage ways! But I am now discussing when Montag wonders aloud what happened to the man that was sent to the crazy box the week before after they burned his house and library down. While he was wondering aloud he nearly exposed himself to reading those handful of lines in the Fairy Tale book. That would have been very bad indeed. I wonder what would happen if he just came out of his little turtle shell, grew a pair, and told Beattie or however it is spelled that he read those lines of the book. Hopefully he gets slaughtered or something because this book is starting to get a little bit boring. Not as boring as Grapes of Wrath of course, but still boring compared to books like Ender's Shadow, or The Hobbit. If he got murdered it would be sweet, then we could have a mystery on our hands, and mysteries are the best books. I would probably make Freddy Krueger murder him just to make things more interesting. Or we could put the most interesting man in the world from those Vodka commercials and Fahrenheit 451 would be automatically be the most interesting book in the world. Also I would like to question Montag personally. What is up with Clarisse? I mean you have a wife, so why are you being creepy and hitting on this seventeen year old who is something like ten years younger than you. Sure she is cool, but it is just plain weird. You are kind of being like the coach/P.E. teacher in the movie Mean Girls. This book is interesting yes, Ray Bradbury, but it is kind of creepy good sir.

No comments:

Post a Comment