Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fahrenheit 451 - Just met Clarisse

Alright so I am reading Fahrenheit 451 by the genius author who is Ray Bradbury. So far in the short amount of this book that I have read, I am quite intrigued by this book. It is very different from a lot of other books, and that makes me be more interested. So far this book is definitely better than The Grapes if Wrath by John Steinbeck.

Anyway, back to Fahrenheit 451. So Montag just got done with his meeting of Clarisse. I think Montag is attracted to Clarisse even though he is married. To me he just seems nervous around her. She tells him all this stuff about her and her family that Montag has never done before and it kind of just arouses him in my mind. Montag was just like, "is this girl for real?" and she is. Clarisse asks Montag all of these questions about being a fireman and what he does and on and on and on. Montag answers all of these questions. She makes Montag think, which Montag has not done in a while; to me it seems lke it is a good thing for Montag. He is shocked that this curious seventeen year old girl is asking him all these personal quesitons. He is also shocked that she reads, her family talks, and they drive slow. Atleast if I know Montag well (and I do, we go way back), then this is exactly what he is thinking to the exact. It is kind of crazy, I know, but it really is true. We are buds.

I kind of wonder what it would be like to live in this world that Ray Bradbury has created for Montag and Clarisse. I mean I guess I do not read that much besides only for this class and for history, but I can not imagine people like Nikki Stienwart not reading. I am pretty sure she would go crazy, just like seventy five percent of this country. Atleast I am guessing that is how many people read. It would be madness, the nerds would have nothing to do. The Jodi Picoults of the world would be hunted and killed. Madness everywhere! Not to mention the fact that our country would lie in a smolder because all of our houses would be burned to the grounds thanks to people like Montag. I can not believe the firemen turned on us!

No comments:

Post a Comment