Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Fahrenheit 451 - Toothpaste.

Denham's Dentrifice toothpaste. Turn to it for all of your dental needs. I am sure that is exactly what Montag was thinking as he went crazy after hearing that jingle. I am reading Fahrenheit 451 which is written by Ray Bradbury. I just got to the part where Montag got off of the train when he was acting like an idiot. He is in my doghouse, and as Mr. Greer would say, "you are just being lazy." He almost exposed himself to all of the train car. I take that back, he did expose himself to the whole train car. After Denham's Dentrifice's jingle went over the radio he for some reason decided it was a good idea to go crazy and show everyone the book he had. He was probably thinking, "I want to get arrested because my wife, Mildred, is a stupid female dog, and she makes me feel like crap one hundred percent of the time. Somebody put me out of my misery." That had to be what he was thinking, otherwise he would not have shown everybody one of the twenty books he has stolen. I would like to give Montag the Tuesday bamf award however for stealing that many books then showing a bunch of people he had books. What a bamf. He also stood up to his wife and showed her who is the boss. He asked her, like a bamf, if her "family" (the show she always watches on the impossible to watch television) is real. She knows she was beat so she just shut up and looks down with the face of defeat. I read that part about three times because it was just so awesome of Montag. This book is beginning to get interesting again. Maybe he will get chased by the firemen himself now because he flashed the books to some people. But then again, he does have permission to have those books. I guess I will have to read more in depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment