Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Old Man and the Sea - Day Two Pt. Two

So I am reading The Old Man and the Sea. The Old Man and the Sea was written by Ernest Hemingway. I have figured out so far that the old man is this man named Santiago who is quite old. Then the sea is the sea. At least I am pretty sure. I am not too sure, the sea could represent something like Santiago's sexuality or something like that, but more than likely it is the actual sea. I am through the first two days of the book. Santiago has hooked a beast marlin who never gets tired and pulls he old man's boat basically for a day. He was a tank. As they are getting pulled Santiago sees a pair of porpoises and it reminds him of another time when he mercilessly killed a female dolphin as its male mate was watching this all happen. I can not believe Santiago and his heart. Just who does that? I find it really hard to do blogs for this book because it is just so simple that there is not much to write about. In Fahrenheit 451 I could actually complain about stuff. But The Old Man and the Sea is so boring. There is only two characters and a fish. The fish does not even play a part except for pulling Santiago away from shore and all of the the fishing boats. If I was Santiago I would be beginning to get a little bit scared. I can not even see the shore anymore. They say on a clear day your eye can see four miles on flat land. So I would imagine there are mountains where Santiago is because he is Mexican. Those you can see from like fifteen miles out. So he has quite a long rowing back to shore ahead of him. Imagine how jacked his arms would be though after he got done rowing to shore. He would be super ultra ripped.

No comments:

Post a Comment