Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Grapes of Wrath Finished Part Two

So I have finished reading The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck. I have already created one blog about some of my thoughts so in this blog I will have some secondary thoughts that may contradict those of the last blog.
So to me the Grapes of Wrath was extremely boring. It was very hard for me to get through this book. A lot of the book was about a whole lot of nothing. Instead of five hundred and eighty one pages this book could have been like three hundred and seventy seven pages. Then the book might have been a lot less boring. I mean half the book was about turtles, a car salesman, some dusty corn, and a whole bunch of other stuff that nobody cared about.
The ending was pretty lame to me. I thought it should have had something like a happy or sad ending instead of a what the heck just happened ending. John Steinbeck could have made the Joads get a nice job and from that job they were able to live nicely for the rest of their lives the end. Either that, or he should have made everyone die. Kind of like some movies are. It was really disappointing. The ending to this book was kind of like the ending to Toy Story Three. If I would have known Andy was going to end up just trading Woody, Buzz, and all of their pals to some little girl, I would have saved myself the time and money instead of wasting it. The ending was just very disappointing to me.
One more thing that really bothered me was Casy. Was he a priest? Was he an alcoholic? Was he a wise man? I am not very sure at all. Some of the time he was all of these things and his personality kind of got thrown around a lot. According to this blog, John Steinbeck fails at writing novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment